Friday, May 7, 2010

Reading is Fun Week...May 12-18

May 12th through the 18th is Reading Is Fun Week also known as RIF.  RIF  is a time to share the joy of reading with children. It is also a time to help kids discover how much fun reading can be.
During RIF week, RIF programs across the country will host book distributions and at each distribution, children will get to choose a free book that they can take home and keep!

If you're looking for good books for kids to read be sure to check out my Listmania Book lists, the links I have on the side of this blog (look to your right) and all of the books I have linked below. Most of the books below are books that I have read myself and truly enjoy.
(sorry no story this time but definitely the next time!!) 
Dang it! I couldn't stand it. I had to give you some kind of story, so I'm linking you to Fairy Gifts a wonderful story  (yes it's on my other blog) from Andrew Lang's Green Fairy book. There are also crafts after the story if you feel like making something. Try it....it's fun!


0 comments: